Watch Plus Youth
This watch will bring your stress down and improve your time management. Wake-up alarm, Time Timer mode of 60 minutes or personalized, time intervals to repeat, sound, vibration or silent alerts, digital or analog clock with 12 or 24 hour format, supple silicone strap. Some of these features will make it essential for homework, taking medication or a day’s organisation.
The Time Timer is a visual timer that allows youngs and adults to realize the concept of time passing. This tool was designed to illustrate visually the time allocated for a given activity. It allows you to estimate the length of the activity as well as the end of it.
How does this tool work?
First you must indicate the amount of time allocated to an activity by moving the red disc. The visible part of the disc will decrease as time elapses. When time runs out there will be a sound signal. This sound signal can be turned off. We recommend that you tell the child about using the timer. Introduce the Time Timer and tell the child how much time will be allocated and why. Also tell in advance what will happen once the time elapses.
HOW TO USE IN EVERYDAY LIFE
- Framing an activity within a time period For example: a time period of 20 minutes to watch television
- Planning when the next activity will take place For example: in 15 minutes, the television will be turned off and my child will need to brush his teeth.
- Defining a period of time to manage daily routines, for example 45 minutes.
- Illustrating visually a time-out period. For example, the child will remain seated in a calm area during 5 minutes before returning to the play area.
Other advantages to the Time Timer:
- Allows to visualize time passing and time remaining;
- Option to have signal sound on when time elapses;
- Available in different sizes: compact, medium and large size;
- Time periods of 0 to 60 minutes;
- Different models available.
WHO IS IT FOR?
We recommend it for children, teenagers and adults, in different contexts, at home, school, daycare, work and other. More specifically, the Time Timer is recommended for persons who:
- Are visual;
- Need visual cues to understand the concept of time passing;
- Have some level of difficulty with the concept of time and time management Etc.
The following skills will be stimulated:
- Improving time management
- Facilitating the comprehension of the time concept.
When used with a child, the Time Timer should be manipulated by the adult. Children love to turn the disc to see time appear.
Tags: educational products, sensory products, educational material, sensory material, TDH, autism, autistic, learning difficulty, attention deficit, behavioral disorder, Asperger, communication, time management, sensory solutions, watch, educational tool, tools, dial, time timer, poster, posters, fdmt, kit planete, child, children, boy, girl, write, writing, aid, help, read, reading, telephone, adult,