Evoluent VerticalMouse C, Right-Handed, Wireless Gold
The VerticalMouse C Wireless features a unique patented contoured design that transforms the traditional palm down mousing position into a vertical handshake position. This "vertical" position is designed to reduce stress in the forearm and elbow and offers increased comfort for many users. The flange along the bottom of the mouse prevents the fifth finger of the user from dragging on the desk and a uniquely sculpted thumb rest provides comfort and reduced grip force.
No open box returns.
Performance based features include an easy-to-access pointer speed control button on the side of the mouse allowing the user to select between Extra Low, Low, Medium and High, giving them the ability to select the degree of precision required for each task. An additional thumb button can also be assigned once a driver is installed. The VerticalMouse 4 Wireless has all the features and benefits of the wired VerticalMouse 4 with the addition of wireless freedom.
The VerticalMouse C Wireless is available for the right hand only, and comes in both Standard and Small sizes. The Standard size features a black housing with dark metallic blue buttons while the Small version comes with a brown housing and bronze-coloured buttons. If you are unsure which size of Evoluent VerticalMouse to get, these general guidelines should be useful.
Comfortable and Easy to Use - The VerticalMouse C is optimally sculpted to yield uncompromising comfort and easy-to-reach programmable buttons, eliminating finger stretching and contortions.
Maintains Blood Flow through the Wrist - Conventional horizontal mice cause your forearm to twist away from its natural position, which can reduce blood flow, contort muscles into awkward positions and increase the rate of fatigue. For many, this can result in discomfort and pain while mousing.
Eliminates Forearm Pronation - The design of the Evoluent VerticalMouse improves comfort and control when mousing, with a patented shape that supports the hand in a relaxed handshake position, and a sculpted “notch” for your thumb to rest in. This innovative design eliminates forearm twisting and minimizes the effort required to use the mouse.
Reduces Potential for “Anticipation of the Click” and Eliminates Finger Extension - The ergonomic design and low click force of the Evoluent encourages the user to let their fingers remain "at rest" against the buttons, rather than hovering over them in anticipation of clicking. Since the fingers can relax against the mouse there is no hovering or stretching action of the fingers which can lead to development of Trigger Finger.
- Adjustable Laser Sensor: Pointer speed buttons on the side allow convenient adjustment without even changing hand position on the mouse.
- Pointer Speed Indicators: Top mounted LED-illuminated indicators show through the housing on the chrome thumb rest to advise users of the selected pointer speed from extra low to high.
- Back-Lit Evoluent Logo: A purely cosmetic feature which adds to the lustre and modern look of this mouse. The illumination turns off when the mouse is in sleep mode to conserve battery power.
- Useful and Intuitive Driver: Mouse Manager (Microsoft Certified) for Windows offers extensive custom, and even contextual (program specific), programming options yet is still easy to use through a simple and intuitive interface. The Mouse Manager software is also available for MAC OSX.
- Shape: The Evoluent VerticalMouse C features soft contouring that the hand naturally forms into. These contours also ensure comfortable grasp locations for a wide range of hand sizes. These contours, combined with the deep and slightly angled indentation for the thumb, reduces the pressure against the web of the hand.
- Multiple Sizes: The Evoluent VerticalMouse C Righthand model is available in a "Standard" size which accommodates most average to larger hands and a "Small" version for those with smaller hands. The sizing guidecan be used to determine a suitable selection. The Lefthand model is only available as a "Standard" size.
- Wireless Option: The Standard and Small Righthand Evoluent VerticalMouse C is available in Wired or Wireless format for PC. A Standard size Bluetooth model for use with Mac Computers is also available.
- Scroll Wheel: Grooved soft rubber with tactile detents. The Scroll Wheel is also "clickable" and provides a "forward" command by default. This command can also be customized using the Evoluent Mouse Manager Software.
- Finger Flange: The large finger flange prevents the fifth finger from dragging on desk.
- Speed Toggle: Move up or down through the 4 pointer speed settings with the easy-to-access side button and clearly visible illuminated indicators.
- Application Dependent Buttons: Create customized button programming which automatically take effect depending on which application is active. Note: Installation of the Evoluent Mouse Manager is required for any custom programming.
- Quality Ergonomic Design: The Evoluent VerticalMouse C is engineered with a high quality sensor coupled with the low button activation force for which the Evoluent is known. Button action and vertical scroll wheel movement is smooth, consistent and precise. Improved contours provide greater comfort and a more relaxed grip.
- Relaxed Handshake Position: The ergonomic contoured shape of the Evoluent VerticalMouse C supports the hand in a natural handshake position that eliminates forearm twisting. Users employ the same familiar grip as with an ordinary mouse, but in a vertical orientation, so almost no retraining is needed. Clicking the mouse buttons does not result in unwanted movement because the thumb naturally opposes other finger movements.
- Contoured and Textured: The contoured black portion of the body where one holds the mouse has a polyurethane coating, allowing the user to have complete control of the mouse just by resting one's hand on it—practically eliminating the need to grip the mouse.
- Light Tactile Buttons: The buttons on the VerticalMouse C take about half the force of traditional mice to click, so your fingers won't get tired with the high frequency of clicking required in programs. The button force is low for easy clicking, but still retains sufficient tactile firmness to avoid accidental actuation.
- Six Buttons: The VerticalMouse provides a total of 6 buttons. Two thumb operated buttons and 3 finger operated buttons are provided, with the scroll wheel providing a sixth button.
- Auto Click Option: Automatically perform a single or double click by pausing the pointer. The time delay before activation is adjustable. Note: Evoluent Mouse Manager Software required.
- Click Lock (or Drag Lock): Press and hold a button momentarily to simulate continued pressing without holding down the button. The time delay before activation is adjustable. Note: Evoluent Mouse Manager Software required.
- Break Reminder: Set up visual and/or audio alerts to remind you to take a break. Note: Evoluent Mouse Manager Software required.
Tags: Ergonomic products, ergonomic product, ergonomic mouse, Evoluent, vertical, right handed, wireless,